ART OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Duration: 2 Days
This course is intended to introduce the art of Project Management to the participants. Project Management is NOT limited to the technical parts of the organization. HR, Corporate Communications and even the Finance department are also involved in projects and need some basic understanding of project management. This course will address all the areas that are important and that need to be managed in order to turn the project into a success.
This course is tailored for all those who are and/or will be directly or indirectly involved in projects and who have not attended formal Project Management training. This can be as part of the project team or as someone that has to support project teams.
- Unit 1 : Introduction to a Project
- What is a project and what are the typical characteristics of a project?
Unit 2 : Understand the root causes of project failure
- Why do projects fail or succeed and what are the main reasons for failure or success?
Unit 3 : Introduction to PMI and PMBOK
- What is the PMI project management framework and how can it help manage projects in a better way?
Unit 4 : Introduction to Project Management Framework
- What is Project Management?
- What are Product and Project Life Cycles?
- What is the Project Management Life Cycles
Unit 5 : Project Initiation
- How do we work with Business Case and Business Benefits?
- How do we initiate and project?
- What is a project charter
- Stakeholder identification and analysis
Unit 6 : Project Scope
- How do we collect project requirements?
- How do we define the Scope
- What is a Work Breakdown Structure?
Unit 7 : Schedule
- What are the characteristics of a good schedule?
- Sequencing of activities
- How to identify the critical path of the project?
Unit 8 : Cost
- Different ways to estimate cost items
- Developing the project Budget
Unit 9 : Quality Management
- What is Quality?
- How to plan and deliver the right quality
Unit 10 : Resource Management
- What are Resources?
- How to manage different types of resources?
- Physical and virtual resources
- People as special resources
Unit 11 : Communication Plan
- What is Communication?
- What are the challenges of communication on a project?
Unit 12 : Procurement Management Plan
- Why is a Contract?
- Types of contracts?
Unit 13 : Risk Management Plan
- Risk identification
- Risk Prioritization
- Risk response planning
Unit 14 : Project Execution
- Managing time effectively
- Delegating Tasks
- Meeting management
Unit 15 : Monitoring & Control the Project
- Controlling Scope, Schedule and Budget
- Quality Control
Unit 16 : Project Closing
- What are the activities to close a project?
- Lessons Learned
- Understand the critical success factors for project implementation
- Learn to plan a project
- Learn how to execute and control a Project
- Adopt best practices directly into your day to day activities
(Formerly known as Practical Project Management Simulation)