INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Duration: 1 Day
Today project management is not just for technical people or for people who handle technical projects. Executives from many different disciplines are attending project management training as they would be involved in some way or rather in a project in their organisations as project team members or even as project leaders.
Organisations cannot continue without projects and it is imperative that the whole organisation needs to be aware of the benefits of projects and its alignment to the company’s strategic goals.
All supporting departments need to understand and develop the culture of managing by project.
The Introduction to Project Management would be a good start for all those who may or may not be currently active in a project but would be in the future either in a small way or a big way.
It is also applicable for participants who are already involved in a project but have not gone through any formal trainings or methodologies. This training would give them a good idea about projects and what is expected. It would also introduce the right, proper and common terminologies and good practices.
The training includes active participation of participants. It will have lectures, exercises, discussions and quiz.
Anyone who needs to be aware of what projects are and how they are managed in an organization
- Why do we do projects?
- Why projects fail or succeed
- Project Management Phases
- Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Scope, Schedule, Cost and Quality
- Soft Skills in Project Management, Communication
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Project Risk Management
- Project Governance
- Closing the project and Lessons Learned
- Comprehend why we do projects
- Learn about the fundamentals of a project
- Understand why projects fail or succeed
- Learn about Stakeholders of a project and their roles
- Understand the 10 knowledge areas of project management
- Understand the importance of project execution and control
- Understand the skills a project manager needs