INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (ISO 27001/ ISO17799)
DURATION: 1 DAY
This course provides participants with ideas and awareness on implementing Information Security Management System using the British Standard for Information Security – BS 7799. The BS 7799 is comprehensive in its coverage of security issues, containing a significant number of control requirements.
The relationship between ISO 17799 and BS7799 is also identified in a brief overview.
The course is designed for System and Software Managers, Quality Assurance Engineers/Managers, Quality Control Officers, Network Administrators, Trainers and other individual involved with Security Risk Management.
At the end of the training course, participants will be able to:
- Gain awareness of the BS7799 security standards
- Understand the importance of security risk management
- Identify ways of applying the ISMS to current organization set-up
- Introduction to Information Security Management System(ISMS)
- What is ISMS?
- History of ISMS?
- Why use ISMS?
- Overview of BS7799/ISO17799
- The Two parts of ISO 17799
- The Ten sections of BS7799 security standard
- Implementing ISMS using BS 7799
- Advantages and Benefits of using ISMS