PMI AGILE CERTIFIED PRACTITIONER (PMI-ACP®)
Duration: 4 Days
If you’re experienced using agile approaches, have good collaboration skills, eagerly embrace complexity and thrive on rapid response times, then your talents are in demand. The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) formally recognises your knowledge of agile principles and your skill with agile techniques. It will make you shine even brighter to your employers, stakeholders and peers.
The PMI-ACP® spans many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.) So it will increase your versatility, wherever your projects may take you.
Agile is a topic of growing importance in project management. The marketplace reflects this importance, as project management practitioners increasingly embrace agile as a technique for managing successful projects. The PMI-ACP® certification recognizes an individual’s expertise in using agile practices in their projects, while demonstrating their increased professional versatility through agile tools and techniques. In addition, the PMI-ACP® certification carries a higher level of professional credibility as it requires a combination of agile training, experience working on agile projects, and examination on agile principles, practices, tools, and techniques.
This global certification also supports individuals in meeting the needs of organisations that rely on project practitioners to apply a diversity of methods to their project management.
If you work on agile teams or if your organisation is adopting agile practices, the PMI-ACP® is a good choice for you. Compared with other Agile certifications based solely on training and exams, the PMI-ACP® is evidence of your real-world, hands-on experience and skill.
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams. (A current PMP®or PgMP® certification will satisfy this requirement)
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies.
(This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience.)
- Minimum 21 contact hours of training in Agile practices
- Agile values and principles; what are the values and principles that the Agile methodology is based on?
- Agile frameworks and terminology; the explanation of the framework of the methodology and the terminology used in Agile
- Agile methods and approaches; The different methodologies that make up the Agile framework
- Stakeholder management; who are the stakeholders in an Agile environment and how are they managed?
- Communication management; How is communication done in Agile?
- Facilitation methods; How is facilitation approached in an Agile environment?
- Building agile teams; what are the roles in an Agile team?
- Team motivation; how to motivate self-organizing Agile teams?
- Physical and virtual co-location; How to best locate Agile teams
- Global, cultural, and team diversity; How to deal with diversity in the team
- Participatory decision models (for example, convergent, shared collaboration); the advantages and disadvantages of different decision models
- Principles of systems thinking (for example, complex adaptive, chaos); how does system thinking work in practice?
- Incremental delivery; what is incremental delivery of value on an Agile project?
- Agile discovery; what is Agile discovery?
- Agile sizing and estimation; How do we estimate work in an Agile environment?
- Value based analysis and decomposition; How do we apply Value based analysis in Agile?
- Continuous improvement; what is continuous improvement and how does it apply to Agile?
- Agile hybrid models; what are the different forms of hybrid models using Agile?
- Agile contracting; how do we work with 3rd parties in an Agile environment?
- Regulatory compliance; What are the challenges with Agile and regulatory compliance?
- Understand the contents of the PMI Agile Practice Guide
- Know the way PMI-ACP® exam questions are asked and how to answer these questions
- Understand the topics that will be asked on the PMI-ACP® exam
- Know how to apply for the PMI-ACP® examination