PMI RISK MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL (PMI-RMP)®
Duration: 4 Days
Every aspect of a project will have certain risks that need to be managed, be it the scope, the schedule, the budget or the stakeholders. Risks or Uncertainties can be a threat to the project or an opportunity.
There is a trend in the industry to have certain project staff specialized in the area of Project Risk Management. They will take the lead in managing such processes as Risk Management Planning, Risk Identification, Risk Analysis, Risk Response Planning and Risk Response Management.
Project Management Institute (PMI®) has recognized there is a need for a certification that is specific to Project Risk Management. This certification, Risk Management Professional (RMP®) is similar to the more widely known PMP® certification, except that it focusses on the processes that are related to the management of Risks.
This program will prepare the participants to prepare successfully for the RMP® exam. It is based on the latest edition of PMI’s® PMBOK® Version 6.
This course is targeted towards anyone who is planning to obtain the Project Management Institute Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) certification such as Risk managers, Project managers, Project Engineers and Functional managers that are involved in Project Risk Management.
High School Diploma/Global Equivalent
4,500 hours project risk management experience
40 hours project risk management education
Bachelor’s Degree/Global Equivalent
3,000 hours project risk management experience
30 hours project risk management education
- RMP® Certification Qualification Requirements; What are the requirements such as education, training and experience that a participant needs to successfully apply for the RMP exam
- RMP® Domains and Tasks; what are the domains and tasks that an RMP needs to be able to master?
- The RMP® exam; What are the details of the RMP exam such as duration and number of questions per domain?
- Project management Basics; The RMP certification is based on the PMI project management framework. What are the basics of this framework?
- Risk Management Framework; What are the different areas and processes that are part of the PMI-RMP framework?
- Risk Management Principles; What are the underlying principles of project risk management? How does risk management work in general?
- Plan Risk management Process; what are the details of the Plan Risk Management process such as inputs, tools and techniques and outputs?
- Identify Risks Process; what are the details of the Identify Risks process such as inputs, tools and techniques and outputs?
- Perform Qualitative Analysis; what are the details of the Perform Qualitative Analysis process such as inputs, tools and techniques and outputs?
- Perform Quantitative Analysis; what are the details of the Perform Quantitative Analysis process such as inputs, tools and techniques and outputs?
- Plan Risk Responses; what are the details of the Plan Risk Responses process such as inputs, tools and techniques and outputs?
- Implement Risk Responses; what are the details of the Implement Risk Responses process such as inputs, tools and techniques and outputs?
- Monitor Risks; what are the details of the Monitor Risk process such as inputs, tools and techniques and outputs?
- Other relevant PMBOK® Processes; what other PMI process are relevant to Project risk management and will be asked about on the RMP exam
- Mock Exam questions; A set of test questions to make participants understand what questions they may encounter on the exam
- Understand the RMP® certification requirements
- Understand the structure of the RMP® exam
- Understand all relevant PMBOK® processes
- Understand the RMP® Domains and Tasks that need to be mastered